- Smartphone Apps
The Northern California Center for Alternative Transportation Fuels and Advanced Vehicle Technologies (NorthCAT) is a new resource available to Northern California. The project, initially funded by the California Energy Commission and partner match fund sources, creates a physical and virtual network of training and showcase centers and informational resources for alternative fuels and vehicle technologies.
The NorthCAT mission is to provide informational resources and learning opportunities for fleet managers, city and local officials, first and second responders, electricians and tradespeople, and other interested groups. The center emphasizes advanced technology options with energy use and environmental benefits, including electricity, hydrogen, biofuels, and natural gas, and electric-drive, hybrid, and advanced combustion vehicles.
The NorthCAT project is a partnership of several organizations focused on the implementation of clean transportation fuels. Primary partners include:
· The Transportation Sustainability Research Center at the University of California Berkeley (tsrc.berkeley.edu)
· The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (eetd.lbl.gov)
· Prospect Silicon Valley (prospectsv.org)
· BKi (bki.com)
· Schatz Energy Research Center - Humboldt State University (schatzlab.org)
· The Center for Transportation and the Environment (cte.tv)
· CalCharge (calcharge.org)
· The Bay Area Climate Collaborative (bacc.org)
· The Bay Area Air Quality Management District (baaqmd.gov)
Visit http://northcat.org to learn more about this effort.